Fall is upon us, and pumpkins are plentiful! Pumpkin Spice is a fall favorite and a highly anticipated drink each year. What’s better than running to the store to buy a pumpkin spice latte-making one for yourself!
Try out these pumpkin spice flavored drink recipes for a refreshing, relaxing evening on the deck alone or with a friend.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- French Press
- Milk Frother
- 1 Cup (85g) Coarse Ground Pumpkin Spice Flavored Coffee
- Filtered Water
- ¼ Cup (60ml) Heavy Cream or Milk Substitute
- 2 tbsp (12g) Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tbsp (10g) Zero Calorie Sweetener
- Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Seasoning (optional)
Cold Brew Concentrate
- Add the coarsely ground pumpkin spice coffee to your French press. We recommend purchasing whole beans then grinding at home for maximum freshness, however, no worries if you don't have a grinder - just make sure you purchase your beans coarse (French press) ground.
- Slowly pour the filtered water over your grounds, thoroughly soaking them. Fill your press to about an inch to an inch and a half from the top.
- Allow the mixture to sit for about 2 minutes, then stir the grounds with a coffee stirrer to completely combine. (Never use a metal object to stir in your French press!) Place the French press plunger on top, but do not press down.
- Refrigerate for 12-24 hours. Once time elapses, remove from your fridge and now press down your plunger.
- Add heavy whipping cream, pumpkin puree, sweetener, vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon & nutmeg to a measuring cup.
- Then using your milk frother, mix for a few seconds just to combine. If you go longer, it will turn into whipped cream (not the end of the world if it does - just stir in your whipped cream ;) )
Bringing It Together
In an 8 oz. or 10 oz glass, add half ice, fill about ⅔ with your pumpkin spice cold brew concentrate, then pour your cream on top. Top your drink with cinnamon and/or nutmeg if desired. Kick back and enjoy!
You can substitute the heavy whipping cream for lactose-free milk, oat milk or just about any other substitute. Almond milk is also ok, but it may not froth as well. I have not tried soy milk, but feel free to try and let me know how it turns out.
Makes approximately 3 8oz. glasses.
Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee Drink
Now for a twist!
- Prepare your Pumpkin Spice cold brew concentrate per steps 1-5 above.
- Pour your concentrate into ice trays and freeze overnight.
- Fill a single-serve blender cup a little less than halfway with the frozen Pumpkin Spice ice cubes.
- Put in your sweetener and pour your milk choice over the top. Fill to about an inch from the top.
- Pulse until the mix is smooth and creamy. Make sure the blender cup is secure!
- Serve topped with whipped cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Relax and enjoy!
Makes approximately 1 single serving
Recipe Note: I found that regular milk did not work as well with the frozen drink – it comes out frothy instead of smooth and creamy. However, if you prefer it to milk alternatives, then feel free to tweak some things with the recipe and email me with your results!
Pumpkin Spice Iced Coffee
- 6 cups of cold, filtered water
- 1 ¼ cup (110g) of medium ground Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- 1 quart of ice
- Your choice of milk
- Sweetener (to taste)
- Fill the reservoir of your coffeemaker to the 6-cup mark with cold, filtered water
- Brew 1 ¼ cups (110g) of medium ground pumpkin spice coffee
- Allow your brewed coffee to cool to room temperature.
- Fill a 2 quart pitcher with ice, then pour the coffee over it.
- Chill for several hours.
- Fill your glass with ⅔ ice, ½ iced coffee concentrate, and the other half with milk.
- Sweeten to taste and savor your refreshing glass of pumpkin spice!
Makes approximately 2 quarts
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Fine Ground Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- Filtered Water
- Milk or Milk Substitute
- Sugar or Zero Calorie Sweetener to Taste
- Add your fine ground coffee to the portafilter of your espresso machine.*
- Lock your portafilter in place and pull a double shot for about 20 seconds.
- Steam and foam your milk to between 160-170 degrees.
- Add sweetener to your taste to the espresso shots, pour the steamed milk on top, stir, then top with foam.
- Finish with a dash of nutmeg on top.
*Be sure to follow your espresso machine manufacturer’s instructions.
Alternative Prep: No espresso machine? No problem! Brew 6-8 tbsp (30-40g) of medium ground pumpkin spice coffee with 4 cups of filtered water in your coffee maker. Warm your milk in a saucepan to about 160 degrees, keeping careful watch not to let it boil (milk can boil very quickly!). Combine ingredients as above and enjoy.
We hope you LOVE these Pumpkin Spice Inspired Drinks! They are:
Fall-inspired, Pumpkin-infused, Perfectly spiced, Naturally sweetened,
Customizable & Incredibly delicious
If you try one of these recipes, don’t forget to post a picture of your delicious pumpkin spice beverage and tag us on Instagram!
Remember: When you order your Pumpkin Spice through apricitascoffee.com, your coffee is always roasted fresh the same day you order, then shipped right to you. This means our Pumpkin Spice is never stale or bitter but will provide you with the freshest, most satisfying coffee available for your recipes. Click here to shop now!